Barnardo’s is a British charity founded by Thomas John Barnardo in 1866, to care for vulnerable children. It raises around £200 million each year running around 900 local services, and is the UK’s largest children’s charity, in terms of charitable expenditure.
Due to the situation with COVID-19 Barnardo’s were looking to pilot a remote desktop solution that allowed their staff to work from home. Due to Alscient’s expertise in this area we were approached directly by AWS and introduced to Barnardo’s to assist with this rollout.
The requirements were to:
- Design and provision a new and secure multi-account AWS infrastructure built to best practice with AWS Control Tower
- Assist with the provisioning of Application Streaming Services with Amazon AppStream 2.0
- Assist with the migration of existing WorkSpaces and AppStream images for continued development and testing
- Design and implement a suitable network/VPN solution for integration with on-premise services
- Implementation of Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) services for user access to End User Compute (EUC) services
- Help to define a suitable Windows Update policy for WorkSpaces
- Assist with testing of EUC services
- Provide SSO integration using Okta