Our client was new to AWS and was keen to ensure the environment was setup correctly. The solution needed to provide:
• Access to a centralised design repository (Sparx EA)
• Secure access to the internet
• Ability to provide a consistent desktop experience for the development team
• Creation of a gold image build to support different user groups (back end developer and front end developer)
• Web filtering (via Websense).
• Anti Virus Software on any servers within the solution
• Setup of Domain Controllers to provide domain synchronisation
Local Government – Development Environment
Partners: Local Government
In 2018, a leading provider of education management software approached Alscient to assist with the setup of a virtualized desktop environment to support their development team. Following a strategic review, AWS was chosen as their platform of choice and our client was keen to validate the use of Amazon WorkSpaces.